» Boarding Contract
When first establishing your pet with us, you will be asked to sign our Boarding Contract and Emergency Release. The wording of both follow:
TM’s Kennel Boarding Contract
The following contract contains the full agreement between TM’s Kennel (the “Company”) and the owner/agent (“Owner”) as represented by the signature below. The terms and conditions of this Contract shall be binding on the heirs, administrators, and personal representatives and assignees of the Owner and the Company. This Contract is binding for the present and all subsequent engagements for services of the Company by the Owner.
- The signatory represents that he is the legal owner or agent of said pet and that the information given about said animal is accurate, said animal has been inoculated according to the Company’s requirements, has not been exposed to Rabies, Feline or Canine Distemper or Canine Cough viruses within the past thirty days, and the required license has been obtained.
- The Owner agrees to pay the rate of boarding in effect as of the day the dog enters the facility and up to and including the day of departure, as well as for any additional services requested by the Owner. In addition, any expenses incurred by the Company on the behalf of the pet while in the Company’s care are the responsibility of the Owner and due on the date of departure.
- The Owner agrees that all charges due on the account will be paid in full before the pet leaves the Company’s premises. If the pet is not called for, and the account is left open, the Company will exercise it’s rights regarding liens, abandonment consideration, and disposal.
- If the pet becomes ill to the extent of needing professional attention, the Company will, at it’s sole discretion, seek the services of a veterinarian, administer medication or a special diet, or give other attention to the pet as needed and the expenses of such care shall be paid by the Owner. Any necessary information regarding food or drug allergies is to be disclosed by the Owner to prevent undue complications.
- The Company requires that the Owner provide a valid emergency contact to make medical decisions for the pet in the event that the pet needs extensive veterinary care, is elderly, in poor health, or has a preexisting health condition. In the event of a time-sensitive emergency, the pet may be transported to the Emergency Clinic before the emergency contact will be called. Every effort will be made by the Company to call the Emergency Contact as soon as time permits.
- The Company agrees to exercise due and reasonable care and to keep its facilities sanitary and properly enclosed.
- All pets are boarded at the Company without liability for loss or damage from disease, death, running away, theft and fire or injury to persons, other pets or property by said pet, fence climbing or other unavoidable causes, due diligence and normal care and caution having been exercised.
- When requested, the Company will board more than one pet of the same species of similar size from the same household in a single run. However, the Company reserves the right to place them in separate runs if necessary.
- The Owner agrees to be solely responsible for any and all acts or behavior of said pet while in the care of the Company.
- If the pet is to be boarded over peak or holiday periods as posted by the Company, the Owner agrees to give at least 48 hours notice of any change or full/partial cancellation of the reserved dates. If the Owner does not provide this minimal notice, the Owner agrees to pay a penalty of $25 per pet reservation.
- For long-term (30 days or greater) boarding arrangements, the Company may require payment up-front or a deposit payable upon arrival of the pet. The Company may also require an addendum to the Contract depending on the length, or nature, of the stay.
TM’s Emergency Release:
“In the event of an emergency, as outlined in the Boarding Contract, every effort will be made to contact the Emergency Contact you have left on file. Should the emergency be time-sensitive, we will need authorization to seek care on behalf of your pet. By signing below, you guarrantee reimbusement of medical expenses up to $_____, until your Emergency Contact can be called to make further decisions on the pet’s behalf.”